> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Trusts and Estates > Redeeming what's been renounced unlawfully

Redeeming what's been renounced unlawfully

2 Answers. Asked on Aug 08th, 2017 on Trusts and Estates - New York
More details to this question:
I have a question but i don't know how to explain it my gma passed and my uncle took over but she left a will and deed to the land and he's not on non
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 2 out of 2
Answered on Aug 09th, 2017 at 6:17 AM

There is definitely an issue here, but you are right, you do not know how to explain it.  Contact a lawyer on the phone to help.  Documents need to be reviewed.

Report Abuse
Answered on Aug 08th, 2017 at 7:46 PM

I think I understand your question. Your grandmother passed away, and you're concerned that her property and land are not going to the people she intended. The only way to determine if that's true is to see her will and the deed to the property. If your uncle "took over" that likely means he's either been appointed executor or is trying to be appointed, and it's also likely that he retained a lawyer to help him. If your uncle and/or his lawyer are unwilling to give you information, you need an attorney to communicate on your behalf. 

Report Abuse
Trusts and Estates
Trusts and estates attorneys work with clients of all ages to craft estate planning strategies that help protect and preserve a client's wealth; ensure an individual's legacy; minimize federal and state estate taxes; ensure that beneficiaries receive the bequests to which they are entitled; and make contingency plans for raising young children if parents die prematurely or are unable to care for their offspring. Trusts and estates lawyers can offer advice and guidance on essential estate planning documents and tools, including the last will and testament, trusts, legal and financial power of attorney, and advance directives (including healthcare power of attorney and living will). Don't delay when it comes to estate planning, regardless of your age, the size of your estate or whether you have a family, you should meet with a trusts and estates law firm today.
Have an Trusts and Estates Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

322 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums