> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Trusts and Estates > I need to know if i can do anything about being completely removed from my dads revokable living trust

I need to know if i can do anything about being completely removed from my dads revokable living trust

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 03rd, 2017 on Trusts and Estates - California
More details to this question:
Since 2012 i have been the sole beneficiary, trustee, and executor of my dads estate. I had his medical directive and was also power of attorney. My father is on hospice now and onky has very little time left. I have recently been removed as all the above and my cousin has taken over. She has excluded mysekf and my children from anything and from even seeing him . What can i do quickly
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 09th, 2017 at 7:15 AM

Unless your cousin was historically very close to your father, this sounds like classic elder abuse. You need to go to court NOW and get an emergency temporary conservatorship and an elder abuse restraining order. If your father has capacity, he can change his documents back. If not, you will need to go to court again after he passes to have the trust amendments declared void.

Report Abuse
Trusts and Estates
Trusts and estates attorneys work with clients of all ages to craft estate planning strategies that help protect and preserve a client's wealth; ensure an individual's legacy; minimize federal and state estate taxes; ensure that beneficiaries receive the bequests to which they are entitled; and make contingency plans for raising young children if parents die prematurely or are unable to care for their offspring. Trusts and estates lawyers can offer advice and guidance on essential estate planning documents and tools, including the last will and testament, trusts, legal and financial power of attorney, and advance directives (including healthcare power of attorney and living will). Don't delay when it comes to estate planning, regardless of your age, the size of your estate or whether you have a family, you should meet with a trusts and estates law firm today.
Have an Trusts and Estates Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

178 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

66 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums