> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Estate Planning > how do i find a will if the lawyer is deceased?

how do i find a will if the lawyer is deceased?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 10th, 2017 on Estate Planning - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
My mother is in hospice. We have her power of attorney but cant find the will as of yet. The lawyer, Alan S. Carpel, has no contact information on his website. The date on the POA is in 2002. I believe he is no longer practicing because the website does not include any info on lawyers unless it is post-2008.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 13th, 2017 at 1:31 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's condition.  I hope she is not in pain and is peaceful.  Is the attorney actually deceased?  You might complete a request for his forwarding address with the post office (they have a form for that).  Check with the local bar association to see if anyone knows of him and his current whereabouts.  Did you check here: 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Estate Planning
It's a common misconception that estate planning is only appropriate for the elderly and those who have amassed a significant amount of wealth. Not true. All adults who are mentally capable should have an estate plan, which can include a last will and testament, trusts and/or advance directive such as a healthcare power of attorney and living will. An estate planning lawyer can work with you and your spouse to assess your estate planning needs, create the documents which form the foundation of your plans and then update those documents as necessary. Estate planning law firms can also work with clients who have special needs and concerns, including those dealing with a chronic or terminal illness, the parents of disabled children and parents who want to protect certain assets for their children from a prior marriage.
Have an Estate Planning Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

178 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

66 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums