Wills & Probate

If you've been named as an executor, you can do much of the work yourself -- but you will probably need a lawyer's help. ... read more
Recent Articles
Step-Children and Your Will
If your spouse had children when you married, you might wonder about your legal obligations to your step-children. Will they get part of your estate? How do you make sure they do, or don't? ... Read more

Wills and Probate FAQ
Here are simple answers to commonly asked questions about wills and probate. ... Read more

Looting a Loved One's Estate
Update 12/23/2009: Anthony Marshall  has been found guilty of 14 of the 15 counts against him. Marshall was convicted in October of the most serious charges - first-degree grand larceny and scheming to defraud. He faces a minimum of one to three years, or as much as eight to 25 years in state prison. ... Read more

Legal Consequences of Dying without a Will
On July 4, 2009, NFL quarterback Steve McNair was found murdered in a hotel room in Nashville, Tennessee. McNair didn't have a will at the time of his death. In legal jargon, this is known as dying intestate. When someone dies without a will, state law governs how his estate is administered. In McNair's ... Read more

New Jersey Considerations for Estate Planning
It can be difficult to discuss estate planning, but it is vitally important that most people over the age of 18 consider the matter. Proper planning ensures your wishes are followed and helps your loved ones avoid protracted, expensive legal battles. Laws are similar in most states, but New Jersey differs ... Read more

Change Location

Get Started *Please enter a valid location.

Wills And Probate Law Firms in Ashburn, VA 
change location

Swipe to view more

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question

Wills And Probate Questions

Filter by

The first person would be his spouse, then his children, then his grandchildren or great-grandchildren.  The adopted mother is an heir only if there are none of these. The estate is responsible ...Read more

If your mother passed away owning real estate, then you will need some type of probate procedure to transfer the property to her heirs. The procedure will depend on the value of all of her property. & ...Read more

YOu will need to file a Petition to Appoint Permanent Administrator, probalby for both your Great Aunt and her husband.  Your beleif that you were supposed to get the house must be in the form of ...Read more

See more Wills And Probate Questions

What Is a Will Contest and How Do I Contest a Will in Texas?

Will Contests in Texas When someone who is affected by a will believes that there is something wrong with the will, he or she may “contest” the will in court. This type of case is also kno ... Read more

General Durable Power of Attorney: What Does it Do?

A general durable power of attorney grants a named individual (called the “attorney-in-fact” or “agent”) the authority to act on your behalf with respect to whatever matters ar ... Read more


Many clients ask whether they need a will (or a revocable trust, which is discussed in another post). Or they tell me they don’t need a will because they don’t have many assets, don’ ... Read more

The Do’s and Don’ts of Creating a Will in Florida

There is a lot more to estate planning than deciding who gets your stuff. We all know that you can’t take it with you, so it’s really about who’s in control after you are no longer h ... Read more

Your Fears about the Probate Process, Alleviated

The probate process sounds daunting, doesn’t it? It sounds like having to chase paper and mill through miles of red tape while in the process of mourning the passing of a loved one. Well, even t ... Read more

See more  (311 Blogs on Wills And Probate)

Need Professional Help?

Get a free Wills And Probate case evaluation by an attorney in your area