> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Trusts and Estates > What can I do if the attorney who was handling my mother's estate is no longer with the firm and i can't get in touch with him.

What can I do if the attorney who was handling my mother's estate is no longer with the firm and i can't get in touch with him.

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 12th, 2016 on Trusts and Estates - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
There was nothing going on in my mother's estate for numerous years, but now something has come up so I tried to contact my attorney who was handling her estate. Last year I was told he was no longer at the firm. I now need to get my mother's records and retain a new attorney, but I cannot get in contact with the previous attorney. I have called the number that is on the door of the law office and left several messages with no response.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 13th, 2016 at 12:48 PM

See if the PA Disciplinary Board has contact information for the attorney.  You can check online here:  Otherwise if the estate has been filed for probate, the records relating to the estate can probably be recreated and someone new can pick things up for you. 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Trusts and Estates
Trusts and estates attorneys work with clients of all ages to craft estate planning strategies that help protect and preserve a client's wealth; ensure an individual's legacy; minimize federal and state estate taxes; ensure that beneficiaries receive the bequests to which they are entitled; and make contingency plans for raising young children if parents die prematurely or are unable to care for their offspring. Trusts and estates lawyers can offer advice and guidance on essential estate planning documents and tools, including the last will and testament, trusts, legal and financial power of attorney, and advance directives (including healthcare power of attorney and living will). Don't delay when it comes to estate planning, regardless of your age, the size of your estate or whether you have a family, you should meet with a trusts and estates law firm today.
Have an Trusts and Estates Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Trusts and Estates Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Suarez Law Group

Des Moines, IA

| Contact Now

Bradley Law Firm

Cleburne, TX

| Contact Now

Golden Law

Fort Lauderdale, FL

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums