> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Trusts and Estates > to live. Can I transfer the money from the shared account to my personal acct while she is alive? Will I avoid inheritence taxes?

to live. Can I transfer the money from the shared account to my personal acct while she is alive? Will I avoid inheritence taxes?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 31st, 2013 on Trusts and Estates - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 31st, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I cannot see the entire question here, but i am assuming you are asking if you avoid PA inheritance tax by transferring assets. The answer is yes, if the transfer is made more than 1 year prior to death. If the estate is large and subject to Federal death tax, the answer may be different. 

William R. Pelger, Attorney Munhall, Pennsylvania 412-461-1900

Report Abuse
Trusts and Estates
Trusts and estates attorneys work with clients of all ages to craft estate planning strategies that help protect and preserve a client's wealth; ensure an individual's legacy; minimize federal and state estate taxes; ensure that beneficiaries receive the bequests to which they are entitled; and make contingency plans for raising young children if parents die prematurely or are unable to care for their offspring. Trusts and estates lawyers can offer advice and guidance on essential estate planning documents and tools, including the last will and testament, trusts, legal and financial power of attorney, and advance directives (including healthcare power of attorney and living will). Don't delay when it comes to estate planning, regardless of your age, the size of your estate or whether you have a family, you should meet with a trusts and estates law firm today.
Have an Trusts and Estates Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Trusts and Estates Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Christopher W. Schinstock, PLLC

Alexandria, VA

| Contact Now

Robert G. Treano P.C.

Taunton, MA

| Contact Now

Messina & Hankin LLP

Murrieta, CA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums