> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Trusts and Estates > If I am the trustee of a property how do I gain control

If I am the trustee of a property how do I gain control

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 16th, 2017 on Trusts and Estates - California
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 17th, 2017 at 8:32 AM

The answer to your question depends on the type of property and the terms of the trust.  Read the trust agreement.  It probably provides that you can hire a lawyer to assist you and the trust will pay this expense.  Good luck. 

Important Note: The above does not constitute legal advice, which requires specific information and a mutual agreement to representation. I am not your lawyer unless we have a written agreement that I will represent you.

Report Abuse
Trusts and Estates
Trusts and estates attorneys work with clients of all ages to craft estate planning strategies that help protect and preserve a client's wealth; ensure an individual's legacy; minimize federal and state estate taxes; ensure that beneficiaries receive the bequests to which they are entitled; and make contingency plans for raising young children if parents die prematurely or are unable to care for their offspring. Trusts and estates lawyers can offer advice and guidance on essential estate planning documents and tools, including the last will and testament, trusts, legal and financial power of attorney, and advance directives (including healthcare power of attorney and living will). Don't delay when it comes to estate planning, regardless of your age, the size of your estate or whether you have a family, you should meet with a trusts and estates law firm today.
Have an Trusts and Estates Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

369 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

235 Answers, 41 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

209 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

157 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

126 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

126 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Trusts and Estates Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Mandel & Mandel, L.L.P.

St. Louis, MO

| Contact Now

The Watkins Firm, APC

San Diego, CA

| Contact Now

The Perkins Law Firm, P.A.

Jonesboro, AR

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums