> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Trusts and Estates > I want to create a solution to my wife can receive investment income until she dies, then the investments go to specified charities.

I want to create a solution to my wife can receive investment income until she dies, then the investments go to specified charities.

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 13th, 2017 on Trusts and Estates - California
More details to this question:
Net worth approximately 4 million, mostly in financial assets and a home. I am 71. Except for my wife (we are married 9 years) I have no family. Parents are deceased, no siblings, one previous marriage, all issues resolved by divorce, no chidren. Haven't spoken to any relatives (cousins) in 6 years. I'm thinking of a revocable trust with my wife as the beneficiary and a successor trustee institution to distribute income on a monthly basis and disburse remaining assets after her demise.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:35 PM

To do this, you would set up a trust for your wife's benefit and then the remainder would go to the charities.  Contact an attorney for a full consutlation.

Report Abuse
Trusts and Estates
Trusts and estates attorneys work with clients of all ages to craft estate planning strategies that help protect and preserve a client's wealth; ensure an individual's legacy; minimize federal and state estate taxes; ensure that beneficiaries receive the bequests to which they are entitled; and make contingency plans for raising young children if parents die prematurely or are unable to care for their offspring. Trusts and estates lawyers can offer advice and guidance on essential estate planning documents and tools, including the last will and testament, trusts, legal and financial power of attorney, and advance directives (including healthcare power of attorney and living will). Don't delay when it comes to estate planning, regardless of your age, the size of your estate or whether you have a family, you should meet with a trusts and estates law firm today.
Have an Trusts and Estates Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Trusts and Estates Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums