> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Guardianship and Conservatorship > How can my aunt get legal custody of me? I'm 15.

How can my aunt get legal custody of me? I'm 15.

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 26th, 2017 on Guardianship and Conservatorship - Georgia
More details to this question:
My mother is financially unstable, an alcoholic, and lost my older sister to her dad before. Also, we live with my moms girlfriend who has moved nine people into our four bedroom house, including 4 of us which are minors. Several of the people living with us use drugs and have crime records (including my mother). I have recently been recommended to see a psychologist based on the anxiety I have.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:45 AM

This is more of a child custody issue.  You can ask your aunt to obtian a temprorary guardianship over you but that requires consent from your mother and father.  You can call DFACS if you are living in bad conditions.

Report Abuse
Guardianship and Conservatorship
Have an Guardianship and Conservatorship Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

120 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Guardianship and Conservatorship Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums