> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Estate Planning > Dad died 3/4/2017.I am a Executor of the Trust/ Told by Trust Attorney I will not get copy of Doc. until Step Mom says so?Told me 60 days 2 wait.

Dad died 3/4/2017.I am a Executor of the Trust/ Told by Trust Attorney I will not get copy of Doc. until Step Mom says so?Told me 60 days 2 wait.

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 01st, 2017 on Estate Planning - California
More details to this question:
Can they (Step Mom & Step sister) Move properties in both parties names out of the Family Trust? My Step sister Stated +5 times, we are not getting anything. There is NO communication between My dads family and step moms now. There is a Will and a Trust Alfred Keep Esq. refuses to release any items. He stated he will not file the will or trust (does not have to)with the county I have asked in writing for copies. How to proceed?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:54 AM

The facts of your case are unclear, and ultimately you will have to discuss this with an attorney.  If there is a trust and you're the successor trustee, you will need a copy of the will and the trust.  You shouldn't have to wait 60 days.  Contact an attorney for a full consultation.

Report Abuse
Estate Planning
It's a common misconception that estate planning is only appropriate for the elderly and those who have amassed a significant amount of wealth. Not true. All adults who are mentally capable should have an estate plan, which can include a last will and testament, trusts and/or advance directive such as a healthcare power of attorney and living will. An estate planning lawyer can work with you and your spouse to assess your estate planning needs, create the documents which form the foundation of your plans and then update those documents as necessary. Estate planning law firms can also work with clients who have special needs and concerns, including those dealing with a chronic or terminal illness, the parents of disabled children and parents who want to protect certain assets for their children from a prior marriage.
Have an Estate Planning Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

342 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

252 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

189 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

149 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

136 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

84 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Estate Planning Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Brinen & Associates, LLC

New York, NY

| Contact Now

Law Office of Jeffrey D. Stearman

Huntington Beach, CA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums