> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Trusts and Estates > Can my sister husband that is an attorney in Kansas. Advise and draw papers up for my mom?

Can my sister husband that is an attorney in Kansas. Advise and draw papers up for my mom?

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 31st, 2017 on Trusts and Estates - New York
More details to this question:
Whenmy late step father was in the hospital they drew up paper work for him to sign but he could sign he just put an x. it was over his property that he had with his sons . which only one is living. Now they have a court paper stating he can not go on the property. I feel like they are coursing our mom to do these things and she has no choice. Because all my sister has ever said is what does she get and we should get when she passes away. For me I just want to know if I can do anything on my end of this mess.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 01st, 2017 at 6:21 AM

If a person signs a document agreeing to give up a right or interest, without understanding it due to age or illness, and under the pressure or undue influence of another person, that document can likely be rescinded, if you can prove unude influence. It sounds like that's what happened to your father. I need more information regarding your mother. 

Report Abuse
Trusts and Estates
Trusts and estates attorneys work with clients of all ages to craft estate planning strategies that help protect and preserve a client's wealth; ensure an individual's legacy; minimize federal and state estate taxes; ensure that beneficiaries receive the bequests to which they are entitled; and make contingency plans for raising young children if parents die prematurely or are unable to care for their offspring. Trusts and estates lawyers can offer advice and guidance on essential estate planning documents and tools, including the last will and testament, trusts, legal and financial power of attorney, and advance directives (including healthcare power of attorney and living will). Don't delay when it comes to estate planning, regardless of your age, the size of your estate or whether you have a family, you should meet with a trusts and estates law firm today.
Have an Trusts and Estates Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

333 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

84 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Trusts and Estates Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Bryant and Higby Chartered

Panama City, FL

| Contact Now

Goss Gustavel Goss

Boise, ID

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums